Nov 26, 2014
This year was one of the best years of my life: I moved to a slightly bigger house. I found out that my wife Leslie and I are having our second child. I watched my other son Andrew take his first steps. I published another book. I even snuck in a couple of trips with the guys. I have so much to be thankful for. Here is a brief list. (I have been doing this ever since I blogged for the USC football team back when Pete Carroll was the coach.)
- Watching my son sleep, take his first steps, and a hundred other things that only my wife and I care about.
- My amazing parents, who always take the time to make sure I’m OK.
- My amazing friends, especially Patrick Saylor, who I’ve known since second grade.
- Chris Stevenson, who is my speaking partner; we did some amazing work this year.
- Smile TV, who I’m talking with to produce a documentary about me and invited me to speak to four hundred people at Contagious Optimism LIVE, where I got to share the stage with two of my mentors, who I have studied for years.
- Apple products.
- USC, who brought me back three times in two months to inspire people.
- My brand new nephew Ezra, who I can’t wait to watch run around with my boys.
- Larry Winget and Joe Calloway, who have pushed me to be a better entrepreneur.
- To be able to not take myself too seriously.
- Finally, Kristi Walter, who is typing this for me and for calling me a butthead when nobody else would.